Can you believe at 1 month 4 days old this dude rolled over???
This text below is text copied directly from the website www.babycenter.com:
'Your baby may be able to kick himself over, from his tummy to his back, as early as age 2 to 3 months. It may take him until he's about 5 or 6 months to flip from back to front, though, because he needs stronger neck and arm muscles for that maneuver.
At about 3 months, when placed on his stomach, your baby will lift his head and shoulders high, using his arms for support. This mini-pushup helps him strengthen the muscles he'll use to roll over. He'll amaze you (and himself!) the first time he flips over. (While babies often flip from front to back first, doing it the other way is perfectly normal, too.)'
Ok, I'll stop, I am just really proud, I haven't even spent a ton of time rolling him from side to side to get him used to the idea. It is amazing to me, especially because with the girls everything always took a tad longer because they were born so darn early.
Overall, things are going really well with this little guy! He is gaining weight, I don't know how much at this point, but he looks bigger and he is out of newborn clothes. He has started to sleep longer between bottles at night. We had about a week where I would feed him around 6pm and he would pretty much cry for 1-2 hours, would finally crash out only to wake an hour later ready to eat again. In talking to another "triplet Mom" who had a little girl two days before I had Vaughn, she said her Ped told her to put the baby to bed after they eat at 6. They are being over stimulated at that time of night and need to be put down to rest. Sure enough, it worked! He even slept for 6 hours last night. We were stunned! In fact this evening around 7 Chris and I were getting ready to eat dinner and I stopped and said, "can you believe we have 4 kids under the age of 2 and it is silent in this house?" Honestly, I could have never dreamed this would be the case. All things are not a total breeze at this point, we still are getting up at night and I am pretty much tired all the time, as is Chris. He has been staying up waiting for Vaughn to wake to eat and sometime that means not going to be until 1am, a far cry from the 10pm we normally went to bed!
Here are a few pics:
He loves his little teddy bear mobile above his pack n play, he always smiles when I put it on.



No comments:
Post a Comment