Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Syd's First Steps!!!!!


Today I am proud to share, Sydney took her first steps. I was standing in the hallway, she was standing by the sofa in the play room. I was on the other side of the gate and she started to fuss wanting to be with me. So I told her to "come to Mommy" and she turned, and took two pretty shakey steps toward me! Daddy saw it too and we were so excited. I think she was quite excited too!!! We knew it was coming because she has been standing more and more, getting more and more confident and getting much stronger. It was an amazing thing to see from Syd. She has not had PT for over 2 weeks and look at the progress she has made. Way to go sweetheart, we love you so much!!!



Here is a little back story:

Sydney has been in PT since aprox October. We initially started her in it on a recommendation from the physicians at Children's Hospital. She was not crawling and seemed to be getting more and more frustrated not being mobile like her sisters. She responded extremely well after starting at New Berlin Therapies. She make quick strides and was crawling in a little over a month. Ever since Christmas her Thursday afternoon appointments seemed to be going down hill a bit. She was crying more and more at her sessions and suddenly not willing to do many of the activities/strengthening exercises. At first I chalked it up to being tired from missing her nap, I thought all the girls were going through a growth spurt. Two weeks ago, I had a conversation with her therapist and she suggested stopping for a few weeks because she didn't feel the sessions were productive. I agreed that was no sense in bringing her when nothing is being accomplished, however I felt a little like she was giving up on my sweet daughter. She also suggested another OT evaluation. That is a a whole other story, but I was not really buying that. Sydney is a sensitive child and sometimes she is not very comfortable around new people although, she had the same therapist form the get go. Something changed and with her comfort/happiness/desire at PT and I have no idea what. Or, possibly nothing changed at all and Sydney's stubborn side kicked in and she decided she was going to walk on her own, that is what I am buying at this point. She is very strong willed and will not do what Sydney does not want to do, and PT with that therapist was what she did not want to do!!! ANYWAY...that is where we are at with PT stuff, I think it is all behind us and I am thrilled! Yeah, it also gives me Thursdays back in their entirety to get things done away from home!

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYY SYDNEY!!!!! SO happy for her!!! High fives all around!
    Shelly :)

    ReplyDelete