The girls are doing a lot better with attention span when we read books at night. I have been trying to get them to sit with me all together and listen instead of tearing the book out of my hand and getting a little crazy on me. We have had a few nights now where I had them all on my lap and got through and entire book, nice job ladies!!! I love that time, they are so sweet and they are really pointing to things I say, especially if there is a dog on the page! It amazes me that they are suddenly able to understand so much of what we say to them. Months ago when we were at one of their evaluations at Children's Hospital the doctor told us to not let the girls sit in the "W" position. It is when they are sitting with both knees bent and their feet are behind them, it is very straining on their hips. So we have been saying "fix your legs" and showing them how to do it. Now, suddenly when we say "fix your legs" they do it! (Well most of the time). It is really fun to see the learning that is going on constantly!
They still love to point to body parts, are starting to wave bye bye and even do a little "raisin' the roof".
We also tried using a crayon again and they did much better this time, less eating the crayon, more tapping it on the paper!
I have been trying to have music on more and more during the day and the girls really enjoy it. As soon as it goes on they all start dancing and shaking their little butts and bouncing up and down. They totally know what dance means, because even when there is no music and I say it they do it, awesome!!! Now if they would just pick up their playroom at night that would be great, yeah right, we have a while before we can hand that task over completely :)
This series of pictures was taken just after breakfast last week. All three girls were acting so silly, playing with each other, throwing themselves in their chairs, rolling around on the ground. They were so adorable and the amount of giggles was like music to my ears. I didn't even want to get up to get the video camera, I just wanted to sit and enjoy the sounds of my three little miracles having the time of their lives!



No comments:
Post a Comment