Here is the low down:
Brooke
Weight: 20lbs 6oz (10%)
Length: 30 1/4 in (50%)
Brooke was so sweet at the appointment, she went right up to Dr. Patti and wanted to be held. She was so interested in her stethoscope! She really is a big snuggler lately. She loves her stuffed animals, especially the big snowman and the little doggies in purses that Auntie Ang and Uncle Eric gave then girls for Christmas. She will hug and kiss them...and she will now come over and if I ask her to kiss me she will lean in and put her little lips to mine...my heart melts. She doesn't always do it, but that is probably because I ask her to do it too often because I just love it so much!
I love this series of pictures, Brooke loving the frog Sydney got for Christmas from Busia and Papa
Brooke still finds the craziest things to do, in this picture she managed to trap herself in the laundry basket. She was not happy about it!
Brooke hates having socks on her feet, they never last past the morning nap. What a little sweet heart she is. She has a silly smile that she does that I love. She also started imitating Carmen barking which totally cracks me up. She hears Carmen bark, then I usually say Carmen, quiet, then Brooke looks at me and makes a barking sound, so funny. Both she and Taylor still love going through the laundry. Their new thing is to put a piece of clothing over their head and walk around, not the safest activity but they get a real kick out of it!
Taylor
Weight 21 lbs 4oz (25%)
Length 30 1/4 in (50%)
Taylor was also super cute with Dr. Patti, she walked right up to her and wanted to be held. I love that she is so social. In fact whenever we have someone over, she is the first to go over to them and sit on their lap. She is such a little social butterfly. She definitely knows how to win the hearts of our friends! She is also very "generous" she hands everything to us. It is really sweet, she always wants to share with us(not always with her sisters), even if it sometime is something that she has chewed partially...yummy.
Taylor demonstrating what an expressive little girl she is
She also likes to snuggle her little doggies and is not a big fan of socks either. I think she may be the biggest fanatic about getting into the laundry. She is an absolute sweetheart and loves to be snuggled and loved. It is really funny to watch her every night before bed she gets a little second wind and runs around in circles and giggles and throws herself on the floor and rolls around. I love it, it is like she is shaking out every last bit of energy before she goes to sleep. Taylor is still our best eater, she is also the messiest. For her it is all about getting it in fast, not pretty. So far the ONLY thing she seems to dislike are pickles.
Sydney
Weight 21 lbs 2oz (25%)
Length 30 1/2 in (50%)
Sydney is a doll. She is typically not as receptive to new people, she prefers to stick with those she knows well. I have to mention she is totally obsessed with her Daddy, definitely a Daddy's little girl. She lights up when she sees him and he seems to be able to calm her like none other. She is still a great little snuggle partner and has the most infections laugh. When she is happy she is super and happy and when she is not, she really is not.
She has been working so hard at Physical Therapy to get stronger and is doing a fantastic job. We noticed in the last few days her trying to balance more. I saw her stand solo for 7 seconds and Busia and Papa said when they got her up from her nap today she was standing in her crib. Yeah Syd!!! She will be running around with her sisters soon! Dr. Patti is not at all concerned with the fact that she is not yet walking. She made a very good point in that Sydney seems to be more verbal and able to imitate very well. She also said that most kids can not excel at both at the same time. Very interesting perspective that I had never thought of. I was also talking to my Aunt tonight who has four girls and she said all of her girls didn't walk until close to 18 months, but that they were very verbal prior to that happening. It is always nice to be reassured on thing like this. It is so much fun getting Syd to imitate a sound. She will stare at your lips and it will take her a minute or two, but she will come up with some sound that is similar, it simply amazes me!
Like her sisters Sydney loves her doggies...
Sydney also loves the flannel blankets that Busia makes. Often during the day she will find one and lay down and snuggle into it. I love when she does this. She is also getting quite attached to her little butterfly blanket she sleeps with. I think eventually it will be going everywhere with her. She also still loves music. When a commercial comes on that has a jingle she always stops what she is doing and watches and listens, she definitely has an ear for music! One change we have seen in her lately is her preference for food. She pretty much refuses to eat any fruit other than bananas or applesauce. When in comes to veggies, she is no longer a fan unless they have a cheesy sauce or it is mixed in with other yummy foods. She will not eat pasta or tortellini without sauce, not even butter, must be a red sauce or alfredo sauce. She definitely knows what she likes and does not like and makes it known. Although sometimes a little worrisome with the eating, I love her little independent soul!



No comments:
Post a Comment