Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It Feels Like a Little Vacation...

Monday morning we met up with Shelly and her almost three year old gals. We were laughing about how we felt like we were in CA on a vacation to the beach! It was another strange, but good, at-home-mom moment for me. It was a HOT HOT gorgeous Summer day in Milwaukee. We really are lucky to have such a beautiful lake so close to us. When I lived downtown I would drive along the lake in the morning to work and I would always call Lake Michigan "my little ocean". I do miss being on the East side and so close to the lake front!

I feel very fortunate to have met Shelly and her beautiful girls. She is so super energetic and encouraging to me. It is strange that I have only known her for about six months and it feels like soooooo much longer. She is so awesome to spend time with and chat about the whole "triplet experience"!!! I find a lot of comfort in talking with her and realizing that things I think and feel are so normal for a Mom of triplet girls. I still can't get over how much we have in common. She has motivated me to join a Mom's group called MOPS, it stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. They meet every other week and the girls will get to play with other kids. The Moms get to chat about being Moms, listen to speakers, learn creative things to do with their kids, etc...

Taylor, Hailey, Brooke, Emily, Sydney and Addison (left to right)



Poor Taylor, got a handful of sand and naturally took it right to her mouth. She was not happy having me attempt to get it out and of course a picture too.


By the way, pushing a 90ish pound jogger through the sand is one heck of a workout. It was soooooo hot out and I was soaked by the time I got the girls to the van!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment