Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 25, 2010

What is going on?

Well, there is a lot going on here as you might imagine.  I am finding less and less time to get on this blog and make updates.  It makes me sad because I love documenting what is going on, but I have little down time during the day and when I do I feel it is important for everyone in the house that I use that time to shower!  Last week was a bit of a blur.  The girls are 16 weeks old now and we ARE making progress with the sleeping although that is why last week was a bit if a blur for me.  Chris is an absolute rock star Dad, he is still doing the middle of the night feeding.  He is working on stretching the girls to sleep unitl 3-3:30 which will hopefully alleviate the need for the "snack" bottle at 5:00am.

I started to melt down a little last week.  The girls were getting up for a snack bottle around 5:00AM,  I would try to lay down unitl 7:30 but they would fuss and I would be up for the day.  The girls are also eating more at each feeding so the feedings are taking longer.  There were a few times when the feeding took two hours.  It is so great that they are taking more throughout the day because that will help them sleep longer at night, but so much of the day is spent giving bottles it kinda gets to you!  I also think we just had a lot of fussing throughout the course of the week and that began  grinding on my nerves, I felt like I was going to  jump out of my skin.  Now,  I am aware that we are very lucky that we have such "good' babies because there is a huge potential for absolute chaos with one and especially with three.  I tend to be really hard on myself in general, and especially now.  I feel like I should be "fine" because I am getting way more sleep than many Moms and that we have pretty chill babies.   So why am I so frazzled?   Am I doing a good job with these little miracles? Do I stimulate them enough during the day so they are not bored?  Are they happy babies?  Do they need something from me that I don't know about?  All these thoughts can be so overwhelming to me and it got the best of me a little this week.  I was more crabby, more short tempered than normal and just felt uneasy.  That is when my awesome husband came through with these beautiful flowers.  Amazing how this gesture of him being so understanding and patient with me made me realize that it is all going to be okay!  He is so supportive and recognizes the same routine day in and day out is tough.  So, these flowers, well he put so much thought into them, he ordered them to resemble our wedding flowers. There were even little lime green button mums.  I am so very lucky!!!!! Oh, I must not forget to mention the Grandparents. They were here a lot this week and I truly could not have made it through without all your help!  THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so sweet :) And just know that you are not alone. While I have NO idea what it's like to have 3 little ones, I've asked myself the very same questions about one! I suppose it's the nature of being a mom - you always expect more of yourself than anyone else does. Always love seeing the pix - keep 'em coming!!

    ReplyDelete