This is something I have to admit selfishly I have been putting off. The mess that comes along with figuring out how to properly use a spoon is considerable. I decided to take "baby" steps with this whole issue and to hope and pray my thought process reduces the crazy mess involved. What we have been doing is, I hold a cup of yogurt, pudding, etc and am teaching the girls to dip the spoon into the cup and then bring it to their mouth. It really is a lot harder than it sounds, because the kids are not born knowing how to properly hold a spoon, and my girls really seem to want no guidance at all. The death grip that they have on the spoon makes it difficult to adjust the grip at all sometimes. Anyway, it is going fairly well, they get the spoon to mouth process. The real question is whether they dilly dally getting there and all the good stuff falls off the spoon or they get distracted along the way and start spreading the food all over the table, which seems to be just as fun. I have the utmost confidence that one day my daughters will properly utilize all feeding utensils in a well mannered way!

Taylor

Sydney

Brooke
A few other cute pics:
Taylor checking out Mom's new rain boots

Sydney looking sweet as pie

Brooke locked into Sesame Street

Monkey see monkey do, Brooke with Busia
No comments:
Post a Comment