Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Updates

As always, there is a lot going on in this casa! It is unbelievable how the girls are changing before our eyes.

Chris and I went away for the weekend, our first real get-away since the girls were born. We went with three other couples to the Wilderness, it was soooooo much fun! Grandma and Grandpa took on the task of watching the kiddos. What a great feeling it is when you have nothing at all to worry about!!! I swear I think our house was in better shape when we got home than when we left!!! Now, that is unheard of!!! All three girls had woken up on Friday morning (when we left) with runny stuff noses so we were a little concerned how they would sleep...etc. Well, nothing to worry about there either, perfect little angels (as Grandma and Grandpa put it). So, when we returned home the girls were super fussy, must have had a better time with their Grandparents. Who can blame them?

Stat Review

Taylor
currently weighs 18lbs 3oz. She has three teeth, two bottom and one just breaking though the front top. She is still super smiley, especially with new faces. She likes to crawl up to me and pull up and then get on my lap and cuddle. She cracks up when I put my face in her neck and blow on her. Taylor is a rockstar eater, she is always totally locked into eating and loves pretty much everything. She likes to play with the food, but would rather just get it into her mouth as fast as possible. She grunts when she wants more. Come to think of it she is the one who tries to get my attention the most with her grunting! She also started making this really weird noise, it sort of sounds like a bird, but also sounds like she is rolling her "r" like in Spanish. That cracks me up because I always mess with Chris about how he can't roll his "r" and I can!!! She continues to use her feet to pick things up when she is laying on her back. She is crawling on all fours and is pretty darn good at climbing the stairs. She also pulls up on everything and seems to be drawn to the diaper champ, kinda nasty. She also loves to pull all the books off the shelf and then pick one to look at. Taylor continues to melt my heart with her smile, she is a sweet little peach!


Sydney currently weighs 19lbs 1oz. She currently has five teeth with one eye tooth about to pop through any second. Syd has come SOOOOOOO far in the last few weeks when it comes to her desire to get around! Her strength has really improved and she is even starting to lift her bottom off the floor into the crawling position. She scoots like crazy and gets toys that are out of her reach, she goes around in a full circle often. I think this has really reduced the frustration she seemed to feel a few weeks back. She also likes to stand and does really well, she goes from her knees to her feet quite well too, with help. We start PT and OT with her next week which will really help her along and get her movin'! She has been one happy little girl, full of smiles and giggles! She pretty much has the clapping thing going, and she goes crazy when I sing Old McDonald, actually pretty much anything I sing she gets visibly happy about. She shakes her head and smiles really big. Her babbling has really picked up and she still is the master of the screeeeeeech! The first thing I hear in the morning when I go into their room is her kicking her legs in delight and then a little laugh, I love it!!! Syd still prefers to be fed, but is doing really well with the chewing thing. She is pretty open to everything so far. It is funny though because some foods she hoards and her little chipmunk cheeks get stuffed. It seems like she is the most curious about her sisters, she stares at them and smiles at them all the time! Sydney is still a great snuggle bug and I love it when she sits with me and lays her head on my chest. She is a beautiful sensitive soul!


Brooke currently weighs 18lbs 1oz. She has three teeth, two bottom and one front top just popped through over the weekend, out of nowhere. This peanut is becoming less of a peanut everyday. Although she is still nuts! This little one has soooooo much energy, she never stops. She crawls really fast on all fours and sneaks out of the play room at any opportunity. We love to play the stair game where she crawls up half of the stairs and I follow. The minute she reached the top she takes off like crazy and heads for the guest room. I chase her and tell her I am going to get her and then I crawl up next to her and she puts her head down and squeals with happiness. I just LOVE this! Brooke pulls up on everything and we have even caught her climbing the shelving in the play room, not cool! She also loves the cable box. We say "Brooke, don't touch", she then looks right at us and laughs. Usually she will move away, but lately she is testing more and more. The past few days she gets mad when I redirect her and sits and lets out a big cry and then moves on. She loves buttons, or anything on shirts, she will sit and inspect them at length. It is really cute too because she touches everything with her thumb first and taps on it. One thing that poses quite the challenge lately is changing her diaper. She does not sit still at all, well, except when she is inspecting a toy or buttons!!! Brooke is a joy, she always has a smile on her face and her curiosity is insane! I love to watch her explore!
Such a DIVA!

I am having a blast watching our little darlings grow and their personalities reveal themselves. They are so funny, and I know it is only going to get more challenging, but also more entertaining. People often ask me if it is easier now or harder than when they were tiny. It is strange, because for awhile I felt like it was totally easier. I think the tables are turning now because their mobility worries me and also forces me to be "ON" constantly. I am pretty dang tired by the time 9:00pm comes!

Shout Out To The Dogs
:

The girls are still mesmerized by the doggies. Whenever the dogs are around during feeding time, which is ALWAYS, they are totally distracted and can't stop staring at them. The dogs have been truly amazing with the babies!

Wrigley is awesome because now any time we are out in the main room he goes right up to the girls and licks their faces. It is really cute and I always think he is going to knock them over with his big old tongue, but he is very gentle! He often stands in the window of the play room and checks in on us, he also comes up to the gate and gives licks when a baby is sitting or pulling up on the gate.

Carmen has blown my mind with how good she is with the girls. When Brooke and Taylor are climbing the stairs she will run up and sit at the top to give them a lick when they get there. She then will roll around on the carpet and it makes the girls giggle. Being a little jumpy, I never thought she would stay still when a baby reached to touch her, but she does and it makes me really happy. The big question that remains to be answered is if the dogs are beginning to gain weight from all the droppings that appear after each meal. I know it will not take much to effect Carmen's girly figure. Wrigs has a few more lbs to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment