Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What it is Like to have ONE Baby

Taylor at the airport:



Alison, Cooper and Taylor:



Last weekend I went to visit one of my best friends from IU, we were sorority sisters and have a ton of awesome memories from college! Alison lives in Indianapolis with her husband David and three year old son, Cooper. I planned to go about a month ago when I was going stir crazy from cabin fever. I thought I would take one baby with me and Chris would be home with the other two. He was all in favor for me getting away for a few days which was awesome! I decided to take Taylor with me for her first airplane ride. So, the number one question I have gotten was how did you decide to take Taylor? Great question! I decided to take Taylor because both Sydney and Brooke had a change to be out and about with me at one point or another and Taylor had not, so it seemed an easy choice for me to be fair. I know that is going to be the story of our lives...keeping things fair!

Cooper loving Taylor:



We flew out on Thursday afternoon and Taylor was a perfect little angel on the flight. We sat next to a very nice older man who got a kick out of her, he couldn't believe how blue her eyes were. One of the best things about this trip was that the flight was only 45 mins and I didn't have to bring any baby gear. The car seat, stroller, bouncy chair, pack n play and many toys were all set for us at Alison's house. That made so easy, and really was one of the main reasons I decided to go.

Alison and Cooper at the best breakfast ever:



It was a really fun, but busy weekend. We were out and about all the time. We ate out a lot (great restaurants in Indy), went to the mall, played outside, took walks, and went to see Cooper play soccer(that was hilarious, 3 year olds playing soccer, is really not like playing soccer at all, but it was so cute to see them all running in different directions and having no idea what was going on). The weather was just perfect so it was great to be out and about AND with one little one it was a breeze. Cooper was mesmerized by Taylor! He was such a little helper, he wanted to hold the bottle when I fed her and always wanted to help me get her up from her naps, and on the last night he was so excited to help me give her a bath. Cooper would walk up to her in her car seat and say 'hey sweetie'. He is an adorable little boy...his Mom said he was talking about Taylor a ton after we left. It was so great to enjoy so much one on one time with Taylor, it was special to focus on her all the time. Although, I really missed Brooke and Sydney. I hope to get some one on one time with each girl at some point this Summer.

Taylor at her first soccer game:



Cooper playing soccer:



Overall Taylor did amazing in a new environment, she took at least one really good nap each afternoon. She slept great at night (got up a little earlier than normal, but I expected that). By the time Sunday came around I think she was a little tired and of course it all came to a head on the flight home. She was hungry so I fed her and then she was still hungry so I made her another bottle, but spilled half of it on her and me. It is not easy to make a bottle with a fidgety baby in the tight space on a plane. So, then she ate, but was overtired so she cried and fussed for a good 15-20mins. I go ta little frazzled because I knew people were getting annoyed, I saw them looking back to see where all the noise was coming from. The people around me and even the flight attendant were not pleasant at ALL! I felt bad, but I really just was concerned at getting Taylor happy. Finally she totally knocked out in of course the most uncomfortable position, but I was not moving a bit, and I decided I will not wake her until every single person was off the plane. All was fine at that point and we were greeted by Daddy! It was a great trip and although I am not in a big hurry to get on a plane again too soon, I at least know what to expect now.



No comments:

Post a Comment