Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vaseline Party

Sunday was going very smoothly and we all were enjoying our first beautiful day of the year, Chris was putting together a dresser for the girls in the loft. I was hanging out with the girls in the playroom when I decided to go upstairs and see the progress Chris was making...I was up there for about 3 minutes, the girls were silent (first clue, missed), Sydney suddenly began to cry (second clue, action) I headed back downstairs to check it out. What I found was a vaseline party in session. Sydney was not enjoying the feeling of vaseline, thank goodness, because it could have been soooooooooo much worse. Taylor and Brooke were covered in it, gobs on their faces, they were only wearing onesies which were covered along were their hands/arms, legs and hair. The carpet, well you can only imagine. I called for Chris to come down, and bring the camera. Pictures became less important as I realized we needed to contain the situation first and foremost. It was not easy grabbing the girls they were soooo slippery. We decided to put them in their table to disable them from spreading the disgusting water repelling substance any further. Chris went to work on the carpet with the steam cleaner, I worked on getting the kiddos down to diapers and wiped down the best I could. We proceeded with dinner and hit the tub where I attempted to remove the vaseline from their hair with a mixture of shampoo and baking soda. It actually worked better than I thought. Thankfully the girls were really cooperative with the bath and specifically hair washing which is typically not a favorite. Whew, by the time they were in bed I was exhausted, the preceding two hours were non stop and quite crazy so I was wiped out!!! The funniest thing was that with all the craziness we didn't even make mention to the girls that this was not an acceptable occurrence. I did the obvious thing and moved everything up to the top shelf completely out of their reach. Thank God it was not the butt paste they got their hands on.

You may be wondering who started this little "activity"... I have no proof of anything. However, if I had to make an educated guess this is how I would say it went: Taylor got her hands on the jar and opened it with ease. She started in on it and Brooke was curious and got sucked into the fun. Sydney was likely skeptical but a little interested, so she dabbled a little but didn't like the texture and therefore started to cry. Thank God for that!!!

Like I mentioned we didn't get much for pictures, but Chris managed to snap two and here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment