Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 6, 2009

A Learning Experience

Today we learned two things, one the cry from Taylor that means she is not happy and needs something and two, what exactly a blow-out is. All three girls cry very little, they whine some but rarely scream or even cry. Taylor was pretty irritable today and we knew it had been quite awhile since her last bowel movement but we were optimistic she would relieve herself yet this afternoon. I was trying to take a little nap before the 3:30 feeding and heard her crying a lot, a different cry. I figured she was uncomfortable and that the time had come that I should give her a little help with glycerin. We were sent home with the glycerin from the hospital to use if necessary but we try to limit how much we use it because babies can depend on it and we would like them to work if out on their own if at all possible. So, I took her to get her ready when I realized what the problem was. Her diaper hit capacity, up her back down her legs she was a mess. As Murphy's Law would have it she had already had her bath this morning, but this called for a re-bath! It was so bad I decided to cut her onesie off of her body instead of trying to pull a poop filled outfit over her head. So we did a mini bath and she was back to her sweet little self, very content. OK girls, let's try to limit the blow-outs because they are disgusting and messy!

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny! I have cut clothes off of Audrey as they are such a mess that they are just not savable..Wait until one of them has one at 2am, and when you open the diaper, it hits you in the face!! It is so gross, but you can't help to laugh a little. Thinking of you! Love this page! Lori

    ReplyDelete